This training course is designed specifically for community-based residential facilities (CBRF). This training can be used as an opportunity to refresh skills or train new staff.
DHS 83.20(2)(c) Within 90 days after starting employment, all employees shall successfully complete training in first aid and procedures to alleviate choking. This state-approved course for First Aid Basics with Choking for CBRF’s is taught according to American Red Cross Standards.
• Recognizing an emergency and easing anxieties
• How and when to activate the EMS system
• What to do until help arrives
• Recognize and care for breathing emergencies, heart attack and cardiac arrest in adults
• Identify and respond effectively when a person is choking and unable to breathe
• Identify and control life threatening bleeding
• Identify the signs of shock and minimize its effect
• Identify and care for various soft tissue and musculo-skeletal injuries
• Identify and care for sudden illness
• Prevent the transmission of disease
– In order to be eligible for state registry, all participants must pass a State test.
– Payment must be received by BAKA before a certificate of completion will be issued.
– All terms and conditions of CCDET must be met for participants to be enrolled with the State.
4 training hours will be awarded upon completion of this class.