This training course is designed specifically for community-based residential facilities (CBRF). This training can be used as an opportunity to refresh skills or train new staff.
DHS 83.20 (2)(b) Within 90 days after starting employment, all employees shall successfully complete training in fire safety.
This state-approved course for Fire Safety is intended to provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to safely prevent and react to fire in a CBRF setting.
• Identify the stages of fire
• How a fire spreads
• Extinguishing methods
• Precautions in working with various flammable material
– In order to be eligible for state registry, all participants must pass a State test.
– Payment must be received by BAKA before a certificate of completion will be issued.
– All terms and conditions of CCDET must be met for participants to be enrolled with the State.
4.5 training hours will be awarded upon completion of this class.